Donate to FAN of SC to help expose what your State Senator is doing.
How does Ronnie vote?
OPEN CARRY WITH PERMISSION (H.3094 - 2021)
Decriminalized “Open Carry” of a handgun only for those that have a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP). Dangerous infringements were added at the last-minute without a recorded vote. As a result, local governments now have unprecedented power to restrict “Open Carry” of both handguns and long guns on public property. State courts will send more of our personal information to SLED and the FBI – including the information of those not convicted of a crime.
PAY RAISE FOR POLITICIANS (H.3786 - 2021)
A bill that gives control of statewide politicians' salaries (Secretary of State, Treasurer, Attorney General, Comptroller, and Secretary of Education) to a handful of very powerful, corrupt state legislators - inlcuding Corrupt Hugh Leatherman.
PRO-CORRUPTION BILL (H.3605 - 2021)
A bill that eliminates the budget transparency law (SC Code 11-11-90). Allows state legislators to now legally use the secretive process that has led to massive corruption and State House money laundering schemes where friends, family and business partners of state legislators make money on our backs.
ILLEGAL STATE BUDGET (H.4100 - 2021)
Every year state legislators break the budget transparency law (SC Code 11-11-90). They do not hold "joint, open meetings" where the public can participate and decide how their money gets spent. This secretive process has led to massive corruption and State House money laundering schemes where friends, family and business partners of state legislators make money on our backs.
A MOTION TO KILL "PERMIT-LESS" AMENDMENT (H.3094 - 2021)
A motion to kill an amendment that would have restored your gun rights by legalizing the Open Carry of a handgun and making a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) optional instead of mandatory.
EMPLOYEE PROTECTION – CORONAVIRUS VACCINE (S.177 - 2021)
A joint resolution to protect employees from retaliation from their employers for not getting coronavirus vaccine. Prevents employers from firing, demoting, or punishing employees for refusing to receive vaccine. A loophole was instered by state legisaltors that allows forced vaccines for employees “treating or caring” for “vulnerable populations”.
CORONAVIRUS CORRUPTION (H.3707 - 2021)
A bill to send an extra $60 MILLION to the notoriously corrupt and incompetent Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) to “combat” the Chinese coronavirus – including PPE, vaccines, etc.
PUTTING NEW JERSEY STYLE TOLLS ON OUR ROADS (H.4000 - 2019)
A budget provision to put New Jersey style tolls on Interstate 95. Money collected at tolls could have been funneled to corrupt Hugh Leatherman's slush fund (the State Infrastructure Bank) for pet projects.
TAX GIVEAWAY TO LIBERAL BILLIONAIRE OWNER OF NFL PANTHERS (H.4243 - 2019)
While we pay the highest income taxes in the Southeast, this bill gave massive tax breaks to the liberal billionaire owner of NFL Panthers. Shortly after the vote, state politicians also agreed to build him a brand-new $80 million road leading to his practice field. The trend continues: massive tax-breaks and unfair giveaways to out-of-state corporations, small businesses continue to pay high taxes.
A MOTION TO KILL AN AMENDMENT TO DEFINE LIFE AS BEGINNING AT CONCEPTION (2019)
A motion to kill an amendment that would have defined life as beginning at conception and effectively ended all abortions in South Carolina.
GAS TAX HIKE (H.3516 - 2017)
The largest gas tax hike in state history. Years later, we’re paying more at the pump, but legislators are still funneling our money to their pet projects and our roads are still crumbling. Legislators and the Governor appoint and control SCDOT. Regardless of how they voted on the gas tax hike, your state politicians are responsible for the condition of your roads
Who are some of Ronnie's top donors?
- Political action committee for Duke Energy - a regional electric monopoly in South Carolina. Sabb discloses he has a relationship with more than 10 Duke Energy lobbyists. As a state legislator, Sabb appoints the regulators (PSC) who approve electricity rate hikes for Duke Energy and other electric utilities
SC FOR PAC
- Lobbyist group that supported the largest gas tax hike in state history in 2017
Friends of Jim Clyburn
- Political action committee supported by liberal US Rep. Jim Clyburn (D - SC)
Grand Strand Statewide PAC*
Grand Strand Restaurant PAC*
*Registered affiliates of the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce. Why is Sabb getting so much campaign cash from the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce? Ask him.
Click here to see full disclosure.
How does Ronnie make a living?
Disclosed Sources of Income
Click here to see full disclosure.
Williamsburg County School District (family income)
- Sabb has been paid thousands of dollars to speak at out-of-state political conferences in Asheville, NC, and Atlanta, GA
- Sabb has a law firm. See its website here
- Sabb has not disclosed any income from his law firm. Is Sabb breaking disclosure laws?
- Sabb is the general counsel for Santee Cooper - a state-owned electric utility. Does he disclose this on his Statement of Economic Interest (as required by law)? No. As a state Senator, Sabb votes to appoint the Board of Directors of Santee Cooper. Is Sabb breaking disclosure law?
- Sabb's law partner claims to specialize in Workers Comp Law, yet Sabb has not disclosed any income from Workers Comp cases. As a member of the Judicial Merit Selection Committee (JMSC) Sabb screens and approves candidates for the Worker Comp Commission. As a state Senator, he votes to appoint Workers Comp judges.
- Sabb screens, approves, and votes for Workers Comp judges, his law partner claims to specialize in Workers Comp cases but Sabb claims he has made ZERO income from these cases.
Want to learn more about Ronnie?
Donate to FAN of SC to help expose your State Senator is doing.