Donate to FAN of SC to help expose what your State Senator is doing.
How does Michael vote?
CORONAVIRUS CORRUPTION (H.3707 - 2021)
A bill to send an extra $60 MILLION to the notoriously corrupt and incompetent Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) to “combat” the Chinese coronavirus – including PPE, vaccines, etc.
PUTTING NEW JERSEY STYLE TOLLS ON OUR ROADS (H.4000 - 2019)
A budget provision to put New Jersey style tolls on Interstate 95. Money collected at tolls could have been funneled to corrupt Hugh Leatherman's slush fund (the State Infrastructure Bank) for pet projects.
TAX GIVEAWAY TO LIBERAL BILLIONAIRE OWNER OF NFL PANTHERS (H.4243 - 2019)
Did Not Vote
While we pay the highest income taxes in the Southeast, this bill gave massive tax breaks to the liberal billionaire owner of NFL Panthers. Shortly after the vote, state politicians also agreed to build him a brand-new $80 million road leading to his practice field. The trend continues: massive tax-breaks and unfair giveaways to out-of-state corporations, small businesses continue to pay high taxes.
A MOTION TO KILL AN AMENDMENT TO DEFINE LIFE AS BEGINNING AT CONCEPTION (2019)
A motion to kill an amendment that would have defined life as beginning at conception and effectively ended all abortions in South Carolina.
GAS TAX HIKE (H.3516 - 2017)
The largest gas tax hike in state history. Years later, we’re paying more at the pump, but legislators are still funneling our money to their pet projects and our roads are still crumbling. Legislators and the Governor appoint and control SCDOT. Regardless of how they voted on the gas tax hike, your state politicians are responsible for the condition of your roads
Who are some of Michael's top donors?
- Political action committee for Duke Energy - a regional electricity monopoly. As a state Senator, Gambrell votes to appoint the regulators (PSC) that approve electricity rate hikes
SC State Senate Republican Caucus
- An entity controlled by the liberal leadership in the State House
Nationwide Insurance PAC
- Political action committee for out-of-state insurance company
South Carolina Association for Justice
- Political action committee for trial lawyers in South Carolina
Click here to see full disclosure.
How does Michael make a living?
Disclosed Sources of Income
- Gambrell's company has contracts with the City of Iva and the City of Due West worth $70,000/year
The Commercial Bank
- Gambrell was paid thousands of dollars to speak at a lobbyist event in Hilton Head, SC
Received Gifts From
Click here to see full disclosure.
- Gambrell has received thousands of dollars worth of gifts from entities that employ a lobbyist in the State House. They include, but are not limited to:
- Dominion Energy
- SC Association of Realtors
- Wine & Spirits Wholesalers Association
- Municipal Association of South Carolina
Want to learn more about Michael?
- The Nerve (4/28/2021)
"S.C. senators want to spend nearly $108 million next fiscal year on dozens of pet projects by funneling the money through state agencies that typically didn’t request the public dollars."
- Index-Journal (3/25/2016)
"Club for Growth filed a request for review to the state Attorney General that accuses state Rep. Mark Gambrell, R-Anderson, of violating state ethics and election laws, according to a release sent Thursday."
- The Nerve (12/22/2014)
"Some S.C. lawmakers apparently view themselves these days as foreign policy advisors and economic development prospectors with the country of Israel – and didn’t see any ethical problems with collectively spending thousands in campaign funds to visit the Holy Land this month."
Donate to FAN of SC to help expose your State Senator is doing.